Guessing MLB playoff start times
Posted by disappointmentzone on 1 October 2007
Everyone is clamoring for start times to the ALCS games. After looking at the schedule and match-ups here is my best guess for when each game in the Indians/Yankees series will start, which quick notes on when other games might start as well.
Game 1: Oct 4, 7:00p
- Why? Because the late game (10p) is obviously going to the CHI @ ARZ game and TBS would rather put the Yankees in prime time than the Phillies/Rockies-Padres (3:30).
Game 2: Oct 5, 8:30p
- Why? Because the earlier start time (5p) will go to the teams that played on Wednesday (which is the Red Sox and Angles) so that the Thursday teams get a full day between games.
Game 3: Oct 7, 3:30p
- Why? Because the Red Sox/Angels are playing in LA, which means they get the latest start (7:00).
Game 4: Oct 8, 5:00p (if necessary)
- Why? Because the Red Sox/Angels are playing in LA, which means they get the latest start (8:30p).
Game 5: Oct 10, 5:00p (if necessary)
- Why? Because the allure of a Game 5 at Fenway is more of a draw than a game at Jacobs Field.
Note: These start times are based on the published TBS schedule, which can be found here.